Himalayan 3 peaks expedition
Himalayan 3 peaks expedition
This expedition will see us climbing in the Khumbu / Everest Region of Nepal. Our objectives are LOBUJE EAST (6119MTS), POKALDE (5806MTS) and ISLAND PEAK / IMJA TSE (6189MTS). These outstanding mountains will offer challenging, but attainable peak climbing experiences and are an ideal combination for first time expeditionary. Officially the three mountains we plan to attempt are classified as “Trekking Peaks” however they are still regarded as being challenging and sometimes very demanding climbs. This expedition is challenging but extremely rewarding!
The trip will commence with one day of rock climbing and mountaineering preparation in Kathmandu. At the conclusion of our stay in Kathmandu we will board a twin-otter for the short flight to Lukla (2,850mts) then commence the walk in to our mission. Our mode of travel will be based both on the “tea house” & tented camp style of trekking where the expedition group is free to wander at its leisure between the numerous Sherpa villages which dot the route as well as being a more traditionally serviced trip. The expedition will pause at these village centers for meals and overnight rests while transiting to and from various mountain Base camps and peaks. From Namche Bazaar via Thame & Renjo pass and then onto the beautiful lake of Gokyo valley. Cross the Cho-la and the climbing group will make their way to Lobuje East Base camp to attempt Lobuje East (6,119mts).
We will begin the climbing with a period of acclimatization and mountaineering skills instruction and revision and then afterwards commence to carry our loads to establish high camps on the mountain. Three days will be allowed for summit attempts on Lobuje East. After returning to Lobuje Village then trek up to Everest Base camp the team will prepare for the Pokalde climb. A relatively straightforward climb to the Pokalde Summit and from Pokalde Base camp the expedition will then proceed through the valley to Imja Tse Base camp, from which the climbers the following day will climb to high camp. This camp will be the launching point for the summit climbs on Imja Tse. As with the previous climbs we will allow several days for summit attempts. This will afford a margin for bad weather or similar delays and thus provide the optimum chance for a successful summit bid.
From the summits of all the peaks you will have unhindered, panoramic views of the many eight thousand meter giants that abound in this mountainous region. The expedition is aimed at participants with previous basic mountaineering and or trekking experience. For participants with little experience a mountaineering skills seminar will be conducted during the early stages of the expedition. The climbs will involve snow / ice climbing and rock scrambling of moderate difficulty and require glacier traveling skills to approach them.
Cost Included / Cost Excluded
- Airport pick up and drop off
- 4 nights twin share accommodation at hotel in Kathmandu
- All local transportation by suitable vehicle(car, van, bus) in Kathmandu
- Complementary welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Rock climbing course or Kathmandu sightseeing with guide,vehicle & entry fees
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight tickets
- Meals on the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee)
- Accommodation in tented camp during the trek & clim
- Climbing leader (English speaking, First Aid and ecotourism trained), camping chef, one assistant trek guide (for each two members), Sherpa and porters.
- Sagarmatha National park entry fee and TIMS permit
- All climbing peak permit/s & other necessary fees
- Safe drinking water
- Exclusive medical kit bag
- Emergency Oxyzen, Gamow bag
- Mobile phone for the communication on pay call basis
- Necessary group climbing gear & equipments
- Whitewater Adventures Nepal comprehensive medical kit bag
- WWAN T-Shirt & trek duffel bag
- Down jacket & sleeping bag for trip only
- All government and local taxes
- International flight ticket re-confirmatio
- Nepal arrival visa fees, international airfare
- Garbage Deposit USD 250.00 (Shared between the group) and deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage back to Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing equipment for Mera peak (can be hired in Kathmandu)
- Excess baggage charges (15 kg allow in domestic plane)
- Mask and regulator
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills
- Tips for the staff crew
- Any extending trips
Some other related itinenaries
Island (Imja Tse) peak, is 6000 meters in elevation and is a peak climbing mountain in the Himalayas of eastern Nepal. This famous climbing peak in the upper Khumbu region was named Island peak in 1951 by the group of Eric Shipton and named after when the…Trip duration:24 days grade:Challenging read more
The Mera Peak climbing expedition (6,476m/ 22,242ft) in Nepal is an exciting, scenically stunning trip and this mountain is becoming more popular among trekkers. It is the highest trekking peak in Nepal located in the eastern part of Everest Khumbu valley.…Trip duration:20 days grade:Strenuous & Difficult read more
The Annapurna region is one of the top destinations for trekking in theworld andit offers grand views of the three highest mountain ranges; Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Manasalu peaks at over 8000 meters elevation as well as ranges of snow capped trekking…Trip duration:26 days grade:Strenuous. read more
Naya Kanga (Ganja-la Chuli) climb with the Langtang valley trek is one of the best treks and is an expedition where you will experience the majestic mountains as well as be introduced to the Tamang tribe lifestyle. This 18 day climbingtrip takes the…Trip duration:18 days grade:Alpine Grade read more